Welcome to the second season of the Iowa Wolves Read to Achieve program. We are excited to bring this program to Iowa again, with the help from our friends at Athene.
How the Program Works
Digital copies of the program materials that will help you and your students to keep track of their progress are available for download on this website (see below).
Students who read 500 or more minutes in school or at home between September 19th and October 28th will be rewarded with an Iowa Wolves prize pack. The prize pack includes a bookmark and FREE tickets (up to four) to an Iowa Wolves home game.
- August 30 – September 18: Classroom sign-up period for participation
- September 19 – October 28: 6-week program duration for students to read their pledged 500 minutes
- October 31 – November 11: Teachers will collect tracking sheets from students and submit results to iawolves.com/readtoachieve
- November 19 – December 31 – Home games to choose for ticket redemption
- November 11: Deadline to submit reading results
- Mid November: Prize packages will be mailed to schools
Weekly Newsletter: Each Monday, teachers will receive a digital newsletter along with a fun activity page to share with students. Videos and activity sheets will also be available at iawolves.com/readtoachieve.
Teacher Incentive: Teachers that have 50% or more of registered Read to Achieve students complete the 500-minute challenge will receive four (4) complimentary tickets to an Iowa Wolves home game.
School Incentive: The school with the highest percentage of students to complete the challenge will receive the Read to Achieve trophy, a group photo with Alpha at their school and a pizza party.
We look forward to encouraging a love for reading with your students. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org